As November rolls in, and ambitious stores roll out the Christmas decorations, the weather seems to finally be cooling down and adding a refreshing drizzle. It might be safe to come out of your air conditioned dwellings and explore some fun outdoor activities. Here are a few activities that I’m personally looking forward to:
- Berry picking! Strawberries (among other yummy goodness) are in season and ready to be picked. A few years back Markley Family Farm was recommended to us and I’m set on getting out there this year.
- The Zoo: This has been one of our favorite destinations since our Little One decided to skip cruising and go straight to running. We just couldn’t keep up! It’s entertaining for big and small people alike and I know she’s safe from the road, cars and the trucks that have no chance of seeing her. The Zoo is currently open in the evenings for Zoo Lights, which includes ice skating and camel rides.
- Have a dog? Take Fido to the park and let him blow off some steam (and maybe divert his energy from household mischief). Here’s a list of off leash dog parks. I’m personally a fan of Phil Hardberger Park, which has dog parks both off of Blanco and of NW Military. Both locations also have great kid parks and so nice areas for picnics.
- Texas’ oldest dance hall, Greune Hall, is sure to excite native Texans, new arrivals and visitors alike. I love stopping in for their great free music and visitors feel like they just walked onto a movie set of big trucks, big hats, boots and boogie. And it’s finally cool enough to really enjoy the dance hall that doesn’t have A/C. Check out the full calendar of events here.
- You’ve seen the Alamo, but have you ever walked the missions? Get some free exercise and entertainment while enjoying the fresh air and checking out some unique San Antonio history. Plan your visit here.
- Get your ART on. Inspire Fine Art Center offers FREE family art days the second Saturday of every month. Check it out here.
Please check out our blog regularly. We’ll be posting more awesome things to do around San Antonio and also some handy home reminders. Like our blog? You can share to!