Investing in real estate is a great choice, but the United States is a huge country, and you need to decide where you’ll get the best return on your investment. You want to work with a Realtor who is also affiliated with a San Antonio property management company. As a Realtor, that professional will understand the market and how to get you a great deal. As a property manager, you will get expertise on what works well for rentals and which laws need to be followed. So, this one person can help you find the investment, place a tenant, and maintain the property. Check out our blog on choosing a good property manager, and what questions you should ask. (more…)
When you own a home and it’s time to move for a new job, to transfer out of state, or because you want to downsize to a smaller house or upgrade to a bigger one, you might assume that you need to sell your house. But, it may or may not be the best choice, depending on the market. (more…)
So, you’ve decided to become a landlord and that’s great. But what about when your tenant decides to stop paying rent? Not great. What will you do? This is one of many issues that can come up if you decide to self-manage your real estate investment. If you’re thinking about managing rental property yourself, there are additional challenges to think about. (more…)
If you’re thinking about investing and preparing for your future, you might think about stocks because they are all the rage. However, it’s a good idea to think about real estate as well. It might seem like a scary idea, mostly because there are lots of different parts to this type of investment. You may have a lot of questions and concerns about how to get started. Investing in real estate can provide a good, steady income stream if it’s done right. In order to do it right, you need to work with someone who is educated and has the time to devote to your investment. What you really need is a professional property manager. When you want to find a property manager, there are really three things to keep in mind. (more…)
Get your yards ready! MHN Properties is coming!
Here at MHN we’re getting into the holiday spirit and have packaged up a little treat for all our fabulous renters! As we play Santa’s helpers and are delivering your treats, we will also be checking out your fabulous yards. So put up your lights, turn up your yard bling, mow the yards and trim back those trees; we will also have an eye out for the best looking MHN yard. We’ll send out a special treat for the best yard out there.
Looking forward to seeing your creativity and lawn care at work! Happy Holidays from your hardworking MHN Staff (and little Christmas Elves).
As November rolls in, and ambitious stores roll out the Christmas decorations, the weather seems to finally be cooling down and adding a refreshing drizzle. It might be safe to come out of your air conditioned dwellings and explore some fun outdoor activities. Here are a few activities that I’m personally looking forward to:
- Berry picking! Strawberries (among other yummy goodness) are in season and ready to be picked. A few years back Markley Family Farm was recommended to us and I’m set on getting out there this year.
- The Zoo: This has been one of our favorite destinations since our Little One decided to skip cruising and go straight to running. We just couldn’t keep up! It’s entertaining for big and small people alike and I know she’s safe from the road, cars and the trucks that have no chance of seeing her. The Zoo is currently open in the evenings for Zoo Lights, which includes ice skating and camel rides.
- Have a dog? Take Fido to the park and let him blow off some steam (and maybe divert his energy from household mischief). Here’s a list of off leash dog parks. I’m personally a fan of Phil Hardberger Park, which has dog parks both off of Blanco and of NW Military. Both locations also have great kid parks and so nice areas for picnics.
- Texas’ oldest dance hall, Greune Hall, is sure to excite native Texans, new arrivals and visitors alike. I love stopping in for their great free music and visitors feel like they just walked onto a movie set of big trucks, big hats, boots and boogie. And it’s finally cool enough to really enjoy the dance hall that doesn’t have A/C. Check out the full calendar of events here.
- You’ve seen the Alamo, but have you ever walked the missions? Get some free exercise and entertainment while enjoying the fresh air and checking out some unique San Antonio history. Plan your visit here.
- Get your ART on. Inspire Fine Art Center offers FREE family art days the second Saturday of every month. Check it out here.
Please check out our blog regularly. We’ll be posting more awesome things to do around San Antonio and also some handy home reminders. Like our blog? You can share to!
Today is the big day: Go and make your voice heard:
Many public libraries, city halls and schools are voting locations. To find one near you put your address in here.
As the school year begins, you might be thinking about what district and school your home flows into.
You could be interested as you think about what school would be the best match for your child; or you could be thinking about buying and know that school boundaries can affect property values.
San Antonio is a fast growing city, which means school districts must be agile and are adding schools and changing boundaries. Bexar county has 19 school districts, all of which you can find a list of linked here and a map here.
With so much outdated information about schools floating around, how can you know for sure before buying or renting?
First, you need to identify your school district, which you can do here or by using the search option on the Bexar county school district map.
Then you can go to your school districts website and enter your homes address or simple look at the zones.
Here are some school districts in San Antonio, linked to their boundary pages:
Of course, if you’re looking to buy, rent or invest, please contact MHN today at 210- 402-9696.
We all know how scary buying a new home can be. What if we could take the scariness out of home buying for all you newbies? MHN has a team of professionals that we have handpicked ensure that we bring the best of the best to all of our clients.
MHN wants all of our clients to be well informed and walk them through each step of the home buying process and we are ready to help you today!
Are you a First Time Home Buyer?
Many first time home buyers automatically know they are, but there are a few of you that may be considered first time home buyers and you not know! The US Department of Housing and Urban Development wants you to know that if you have not owned a home for more than 3 years you are considered a first time home buyer. Anyone who has a spouse that owns a home, single parents whose former spouse owns a home, and anyone who owns a motor home is too!
Need a Realtor?
MHN prides itself on being a small business that caters to your every need when buying a home. We have Realtors that will work with you through the whole process to make sure this is not stressful for our clients. We can walk you through the entire process from getting pre-approved to finding your dream home to closing on your home. If you want to remodel your dream home after you close we can even assist with finding you vendors to help! MHN wants to make buying a home buying a smooth process for you!
Find a Lender?
While MHN can provide you with all of our contacts of Mortgage Loan Originator (Lender) or you can find a Lender yourself and we can work with them! Contact us for more information!
Do have a lot of questions regarding your rental home? Did we give you too much information at one time?
It is possible that while you as an Owner/Tenant were looking over your contract/lease the rules or specifics did not stick. Keep this Blog as a reference item to answer all of those frequently asked questions such as:
Can I pay my Rent online?
Tenant ACH feature is now available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this convenient online feature.
How do I reset my garbage disposal?
- Reset the safety overload, wait three or four minutes for the motor to cool then push the
button on the bottom of the motor.
- Use an Allen wrench to reset the disposal
- If these two steps fail, call MHN Properties. If a representative from MHN can fix the garbage
disposal by completing either of the two steps above, Tenant will be charged a $50 trip charge.
What is MHN Properties Office Hours?
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Follow these links for more in depth information!